The Dragonfly Forest

They have been given names such as devil’s darning needle, ear sewer, horse stinger, skeeter hawk, and the snake’s servant. Actually, Dragonflies are beneficial, peaceful, and stunning. You are a Dragonfly if you are: ADD/ADHD, dyslexic, dysgraphic, Asperger’s, NLVD, autistic…

Thursday, February 26, 2015

3 steps for a more Joyful life

I am often asked by others how I develop so much empathy. I didn't really "develop" empathy, I was blessed with a very emphatic brain and an abundance of mirror neurons. Here are 3 things you can do to have a more joyful life!

I was raised to be a kind & caring human being.  My parents made sure I was exposed to great people like, Dr. Leo Buscaglia.  I watched his videos and I eye & ear-read his books.  His messages resonated in me and I began living my life more consciously - with the goal of connecting with others and bringing them joy.  

You too can live a life of joy - here's 3 ways

First, bring joy to others & be less self-centered!
Watch this short clip of Leo explaining how:
Isn't he great?  This is one of my favorite things to do- since I was first able to drive.  

Second - Forgive others for their negative behaviors.  I am very accepting and forgiving of others.  People often tell me that I should stop this practice because the people who treat me bad do not change; but I can't change who I am just because they choose to be mean.  

Here's Leo discussing having the courage to be forgiving to people who are unkind!  (He is quoting something I recently posted in a Dragonfly picture quote- because it is my life motto!) 
This is what my parents have taught me!  If you want a good life practice forgiveness (of yourself & others)!  

Finally, "Live like you are dying!"

You have only one life to live so live it well, do good things for others.  If you have treated someone poorly forgive yourself and make amends.  If someone treats you poorly then forgive them - remember that they are just living a self-centered life.  So to have a joyful life create joy for others.  Do this on a daily basis & I promise that you life will feel and be so much better.  Hugs to you my Dragonfly friend!   






No comments:

Post a Comment