The Dragonfly Forest

They have been given names such as devil’s darning needle, ear sewer, horse stinger, skeeter hawk, and the snake’s servant. Actually, Dragonflies are beneficial, peaceful, and stunning. You are a Dragonfly if you are: ADD/ADHD, dyslexic, dysgraphic, Asperger’s, NLVD, autistic…

Friday, May 16, 2014

Feature Friday - Sharing my story - Jill Lam

Hi Dragonfly Friends!  I would like to say thanks for following me and all my adventures.  I sometimes share some personal information but sometimes my blog is a place I can share insights into what it is like to be a person with a disability.  I am in many school districts all over the state of Ohio and so I hear comments that I find shocking, frustrating, and down right sad.  When this happens I tend to write a blog post to enlighten others to the reality of what is going on. 

Today, I wrote a different blog post for one of the other things that I volunteer my time to- Decoding Dyslexia Ohio.  I have started a new blog so people with dyslexia can share their own stories & the stories of what it is like to be a parent of a child with dyslexia.  Please feel free to email me if you are interested in sharing a story at 4DecodingDyslexiaOhio@gmail.com.  

Here's my first blog post which is all about ME!  So please check it out and share it with others so I can start posting the stories of others.  If you do not have dyslexia and want to share your story please email me (TheDragonflyForest@gmail.com) that information too because I am willing to share it here on a future Feature Friday post!  

http://decodingdyslexiaoh.blogspot.com/2014/05/my-journey-with-dyslexia-dysgraphia-add.html



No comments:

Post a Comment