The Dragonfly Forest

They have been given names such as devil’s darning needle, ear sewer, horse stinger, skeeter hawk, and the snake’s servant. Actually, Dragonflies are beneficial, peaceful, and stunning. You are a Dragonfly if you are: ADD/ADHD, dyslexic, dysgraphic, Asperger’s, NLVD, autistic…

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's day letter from child with special needs



Dear Mom,

Even without my words, you always know what I need.


When I am hurting or afraid, frustrated or weary, you gather me home into the safety of your arms.

You know what makes me smile and fills my face with light.

You make me happy when you sing my favorite song and sweep the softness of my favorite blanket across the curve of my cheek. And when you take me for walks and I feel the warmth of the sun, the cool breeze brushing by my skin.

You ignore the words of others telling you what I cannot do, and then fill the hours of every day telling me what I can.

Every day, you see other kids doing more, yet you celebrate me. Pushing away sadness, you focus on the hope of my future. You let my simple, small steps lead us forward. 

Never standing still, always in motion, you move before me. Your planning, protective and positive, prepares me for success -- meeting new people and new everyday challenges.

... and Mom, in case I ever go before I can whisper my words of thanks, or wrap my arms around you, know what I know: That before you someday soothe me into heaven's sleep, with you, I live the fullest life and I see the world through your understanding eyes. With your gentle touch, you fill my life to overflowing with the greatest kind of love. 

Originally posted on Specialneedsmom.com

No comments:

Post a Comment