The Dragonfly Forest

They have been given names such as devil’s darning needle, ear sewer, horse stinger, skeeter hawk, and the snake’s servant. Actually, Dragonflies are beneficial, peaceful, and stunning. You are a Dragonfly if you are: ADD/ADHD, dyslexic, dysgraphic, Asperger’s, NLVD, autistic…

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Words from Parents and Dragonflies Wednesday

*With school starting in a few weeks for most school districts a parent emailed me this quote to add today.  This is what the parent would like the school to understand:


"Teacher: You may have gone to college and earned your degrees in education but I earned my knowledge from personal experience and a lot of research.  Please do not act superior when I share my knowledge of my child's disability with you.  Do not assume that because you have a college degree that you are smarter or know more than I know, especially about my child's disability.  I can assure you that I know more.  Unless you have a child exactly like mine, you do not fully understand my experience.  Finally, don't take offense when I share with you information about my child's disability I am doing this so we can work together as a team (since I am a team member regarding my child's education)."

No comments:

Post a Comment