The Dragonfly Forest

They have been given names such as devil’s darning needle, ear sewer, horse stinger, skeeter hawk, and the snake’s servant. Actually, Dragonflies are beneficial, peaceful, and stunning. You are a Dragonfly if you are: ADD/ADHD, dyslexic, dysgraphic, Asperger’s, NLVD, autistic…

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Words from Parents and Dragonflies Wednesday

 I am the parent not the professional, so do not expect me to take care of your emotional needs.  I don’t always know how to word my questions and/or comments correctly.  Do not assume I am judging or criticizing you and become defensive.  I am not trying to work against you; I just don’t know how to phrase things to get my message across.  You are the professional so remember that my underlying emotions are fear, anxiety, and guilt.

* Many parents of Dragonflies would love to be able to say this to the school staff.  Often the school staff becomes defensive or attacking when parents question methods, certifications, and knowledge.  Every parent should have the right to ask these questions without being attacked.  It's amazing how many times parents are attacked because they are just trying to help their child receive an appropriate education.   
 

No comments:

Post a Comment