Do you want a great life?
You still have time to make life plans for 2013. What you focus on you attract (bring into your life). So, if you want a positive, exciting, and wonderful life you need to actually make plans for this to occur. You wouldn’t go on a trip or vacation without planning on where you are going and how you are going to get there. You plan and take action. Live an active life, not a passive one! Here’s how to plan your pathway to a great year:
1. Decide on 1 or 2 areas of your life you will be focusing on this year (focusing on too many areas causes cognitive overload, especially for a Dragonfly and will lead to stress). For example: abundance, love, money, friendships, career, family, fitness, health… Notice these are just one words and positive.
2. Write down the word on the top of a piece of paper (you will have two papers if you have two areas of focus). Below the word, write a description of that word. What does that word mean to you? Keep this positive. For example: Abundance – having plenty of the positive things I need in my life. Love – acceptance of myself and others as they are, for whom they are and/or having others accepting me as I am. Career - A professional occupation that gives my life meaning and purpose where I am valued and earn a significant amount of money and happiness.
3. Give your year a motto and write it down below your definition – something that you can use in a daily mantra to keep you focused on your end result. For example, “I have abundance in my life.” “Loving myself and others.” “2013 will be a Best-selling year.”
4. Below your motto make a list of at least 10 things you WILL be doing to bring your focus word into your life. A few examples for Abundance would be: Be grateful for the things I already have/ keep focused on what I have instead of what I don’t have/ determine if something is a want or a need…
5. This is your roadmap so read it every day (sometime a few times a day). Make a copy and put it on the bathroom mirror you use in the morning so you see it first thing every day.
Life is a journey so make sure you have a plan.