The Dragonfly Forest

They have been given names such as devil’s darning needle, ear sewer, horse stinger, skeeter hawk, and the snake’s servant. Actually, Dragonflies are beneficial, peaceful, and stunning. You are a Dragonfly if you are: ADD/ADHD, dyslexic, dysgraphic, Asperger’s, NLVD, autistic…

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Letter to all Dragonflies!

Dear Dragonfly:
Sending you off a personal letter today to let you know how important you are to this world.  Over the years you have created an inner voice that isn’t always positive.  You may say things to yourself that you are stupid, you can’t do something, others are better than you, or that no one really cares but did you know that when you talk this way to yourself you are actually doing harm?  When you think negatively you will feel negative!  When you feel negative then negative things end up happening.  You don’t deserve to feel this or have negative experiences in your life!
So to help you out, here are ten positive statements you use to fight back against negative thoughts:
1.      I forgive myself for any and all past mistakes~ I now know better so I will do better and I did the best I could in my past.
2.      I value, honor, and accept myself exactly as I am.
3.      I respect myself enough to learn something new every day.
4.      I am courageous.
5.      Every day I am getting better and stronger.
6.      I deserve to have love, laughter, and calm in my life.
7.      I am confident in my capabilities, expertise, and know-how because I know there is no one exactly like me.
8.      I am successful.
9.      I am beautiful and smart.
10.  I have the power in my life and choose to surround myself with friends who treat me well because I am worth it!
So, my Dragonfly friend, remember the next time you start to have a negative inner voice, look into the mirror, and repeat one of these positive statements.  Do so with love and conviction because you really are a precious gift to this world. 
With all my care,
Your Dragonfly friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment