The Dragonfly Forest

They have been given names such as devil’s darning needle, ear sewer, horse stinger, skeeter hawk, and the snake’s servant. Actually, Dragonflies are beneficial, peaceful, and stunning. You are a Dragonfly if you are: ADD/ADHD, dyslexic, dysgraphic, Asperger’s, NLVD, autistic…

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Words from Parents and Dragonflies Wednesday


This is from a parent of a child who was just diagnosed:

"Sometimes I feel guilty about not having caught my son's problem sooner.  I feel bad that he had to struggle so long just because I didn't know about his disability.  I know that I did the best I could but I still feel guilty. I also feel angry that the school had to know because he was so far behind but they didn't do anything to help him.  I worry about what his future will look like."

This was from a parent whose child just graduated:

"I am thrilled to see my daughter graduate because it has been such a long and difficult journey but this journey made her a better and stronger person."  I am so proud that she is the woman she is today because of her disabilities.  She now has the confidence to go to college and although it will be challenging I know that she has the strength and drive to reach her goal."


No comments:

Post a Comment