The Dragonfly Forest

They have been given names such as devil’s darning needle, ear sewer, horse stinger, skeeter hawk, and the snake’s servant. Actually, Dragonflies are beneficial, peaceful, and stunning. You are a Dragonfly if you are: ADD/ADHD, dyslexic, dysgraphic, Asperger’s, NLVD, autistic…

Friday, October 18, 2013

Multicultural Dyslexia event from Yale in Cleveland

Well, I’ve been very busy this last week and realized that I was not able to post my “Words from Parents and Dragonflies Wednesday.”  I have been working with clients going to school districts to help educate everyone on what it is like to be a dragonfly, how dragonflies learn, and other ways to help all dragonflies. 

Today I will be going to Cleveland State University, Cleveland, Ohio to attend a conference with Drs. Bennett and Sally Shaywitz from the Yale Center for Dyslexia & Creativity.  They are on a mission to help educate the world on dyslexia and now have the Multicultural Dyslexia Awareness Initiative. 

The conference – Dyslexia & the Achievement Gap: A Civil Rights Issue for Our Time will be today (October 18, 2013) from 3:30 to 5:30 PM and there is still time to register here’s the link: MDAI at Cleveland

I’d love to see you there!  Here’s a picture of me (and one of my cofounders of Decoding Dyslexia Ohio, Cheryl Kleist) with Bennett & Sally Shaywitz.  I'm the one on the far right (next to Sally). 




Here’s also a picture I created for my Decoding Dyslexia Ohio Facebook page!   


No comments:

Post a Comment