The Dragonfly Forest

They have been given names such as devil’s darning needle, ear sewer, horse stinger, skeeter hawk, and the snake’s servant. Actually, Dragonflies are beneficial, peaceful, and stunning. You are a Dragonfly if you are: ADD/ADHD, dyslexic, dysgraphic, Asperger’s, NLVD, autistic…

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Words from Parents and Dragonflies Wednesday: a parent's experience with the school and dyslexia

Words from Parents and Dragonflies Wednesday



~ “I never knew that a free public education for my child would be so difficult to obtain.  Who would have thought that I would have to fight just to get a school to teach my child to read? When I share my challenges with parents whose children are not dyslexic they often think that I'm over exaggerating or being over dramatic, but I'm not I really do have to fight for my child....  Maybe I should bring some of these parents to meetings with me so they can really see how their great school district really is for students with dyslexia."  
From a parent of a student with dyslexia



No comments:

Post a Comment