The Dragonfly Forest

They have been given names such as devil’s darning needle, ear sewer, horse stinger, skeeter hawk, and the snake’s servant. Actually, Dragonflies are beneficial, peaceful, and stunning. You are a Dragonfly if you are: ADD/ADHD, dyslexic, dysgraphic, Asperger’s, NLVD, autistic…

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Anxiety and hope!

At times in life we have to battle something for so long that we are used to living in the atmosphere of emotions and anxiety.  Then we come to the point that we are about to overcome this obstacle, yet not 100% sure we will win- we still have some hope.  Our strength increases but so does the anxiety and fear.  What if we don't actually conquer this challenge.  What if we fail?  I always try to think of "worst-case" scenario and ask myself "will I survive worst-case scenario?"  For the most part the answer is usually "yes, I can survive- it will suck but I'll eventually be okay."  This helps some but it does nothing to reduce the acid that builds in my belly - the acid that has been sitting there for so long.  So I try to focus on hope - the hope that all this will be over with soon.  The hope that I will be better and have less stress for overcoming this specific event.  The hope that I will get my life back on track as a result of tackling these feelings.  My hope is building!  

So here's the quote I made to go with my feelings today.....



No comments:

Post a Comment