The Dragonfly Forest

They have been given names such as devil’s darning needle, ear sewer, horse stinger, skeeter hawk, and the snake’s servant. Actually, Dragonflies are beneficial, peaceful, and stunning. You are a Dragonfly if you are: ADD/ADHD, dyslexic, dysgraphic, Asperger’s, NLVD, autistic…

Sunday, September 6, 2015

Spiritual Sunday - Be proud of yourself!

One of the things I learned the hard way is how you can't depend on others to be your cheerleader and support.  For the most part people are egocentric and are caught up in their own feelings and issues. As a person with strong empathy and a care-giving nature I spend a great deal of my time effort and energy taking care of others.  I get disappointed frequently when I expect others to do the same for me and it doesn't happen.  Remember as discussed before - disappointment happens when our expectations are not met!  

I don't want to focus on how lonely and depressing it is to give so much to others and receive very little support in return.  When I have shared this with the people in my life I often get told that they had no idea I needed support and I should have asked or told them. What hurts the most with this is I do tell them.  I do ask for exactly what I need and it doesn't often happen.  So as I stated before - frustration and disappointment occurs when expectations are not met, so I'm working on not expecting much from others anymore.

Here's what I'm going to do instead! You should do this too!  Focus on yourself.  Be proud of yourself.  You have come a long way in this world.  You have overcome some challenging obstacles and survived.  You are stronger and wiser because of what you have lived through.  You are beautiful!  You are stunning and amazing! You have purpose in this world and are worth getting to know. You are learning who to trust and who not to trust so you can keep yourself protected.  You are realizing that not everyone is worth your time, effort, and energy but YOU are worth every bit of your time, effort, and energy.  You are worthy of self-love!  Tell yourself today how great you are and know that your opinion is the only one that matters!!!  



No comments:

Post a Comment