The Dragonfly Forest

They have been given names such as devil’s darning needle, ear sewer, horse stinger, skeeter hawk, and the snake’s servant. Actually, Dragonflies are beneficial, peaceful, and stunning. You are a Dragonfly if you are: ADD/ADHD, dyslexic, dysgraphic, Asperger’s, NLVD, autistic…

Sunday, January 10, 2016

What would you do if you won the lottery? Spiritual Sunday

The multi-state lottery, Powerball is at a record high - one person could win over $900 million - 1.4 billion.  

My reaction~  WTF!  

Why does someone need that kind of money? I mean, don't get me wrong I'd love to be debt free, never have to worry about money again, and have money to make positive changes in the world. Most people however would buy material items with this money - cars, houses, jewelry.... I can't help but wonder WHY?

Sure, I'd buy some material items.  

But here are 3 things I would really think hard about spending my money on!

1~ I wouldn't buy new cars though, I'd just pay off the cars I have.  


Owning and driving an expensive car does not make you important.  Sure people will stare at you as you drive in your Lamborghini Veneno that cost $4.5 million. That's because they want to see who the person in the car who THINKS they are important!  Cars are really fun but there are people who could benefit from a car to help them just get to and from work - the cost of this car could help so many people become more independent and productive.


2~I also wouldn't buy a mansion.  I would fix up the house I live in now or buy something slightly bigger.

Owning a house with multiple rooms - some that will never be used and so vast you don't see people in the same house will not make you have a stronger and supportive family unit. Now, this mansion is beautiful but there is so much wasted space when people in this world have no home to live in and children have no bed of their own. 

3~ Finally, I wouldn't buy material items that are just not needed such as designer clothes, jewelry, and accessories.  

Owning designer disposable items will not make you have class or style! Class has nothing to do with the amount of money you have and style doesn't mean you have to pay outrageous prices for items you can buy for practical costs. This Gucci purse costs $32,000.  Really there is never any need to pay that price for a purse when children are starving.  Oh, it's made of crocodile skin... ahh... well that's worse because I have no idea if this animal was just killed for it's skin or if all of it's body was used in productive ways.

The point of this article is to make you think.  When the lottery get's to this high amount people are sharing their ideas of ways they would spend money.  How would you spend your money if you win this crazy amount?  It sure is tempting to go wild and get things you would never be able to buy.  Having money doesn't mean you have to waste it and to me because buying things that are outrageously priced will not make you a better person. 

They say you can't buy happiness and I agree with this because material items will not make you happy.  Although I do believe that money can bring happiness in your life as well as others when money is used to make the world a better place.  If I win - I will be helping change the world in positive ways for everyone!

So, what would you do if you won the lottery?